One thing I wasn’t counting on postpartum was how different my regular clothes would fit. Nothing fits the same. And now everything in my closet makes me mad. This blouse is a bitch. And sad. Why don’t you like me anymore, dress? Even my accessories and shoes are off. I don’t even know my size anymore. I went from big to bigger. I swear even my cellphone case doesn’t fit. I’m dying for updates. But now not knowing whether stuff is going to fit or not takes the fun out of ordering clothes online. Confirming that order always made the next 7-10 days worth living, especially when my two favorite words on the internet were involved, free shipping.
So I did the next best thing and just filled up my cart. Here are some of my pending purchases. And while fedex won’t be making any deliveries to my house soon, at least I won’t need to return anything either.
1. dress – this color is so pretty and looks comfortable enough to sleep in. But the plunging neckline scares me. I can no longer wear something like this without revealing how much support I need.
2. shorts – I need a new pair of destroyed denim cutoffs to replace my old pair of destroyed denim cutoffs.
3. rings – simple and shiny and brass. should be easy but I’m not even certain of my ring size anymore.
4. iphone case – I neeed this. The kind of need you don’t really need.
5. elephant shirt – this has to fit. And if it doesn’t at least it was cheap.
6. sandals – these will just stay in my cart forever.
7. belt – even though my hips expanded, my pants still want to drop it like it’s (not) hot. Love the three contrast bands on this one.