Arianna was my very first blogging buddy. She used to live like 2 miles away from me but then she moved. Womp.
Her blog always makes me feel so at ease. Her focus is organization and I’m always so surprised at how many things she manages to find organizational. And she does it in such a way that always looks stylish.
Today she’s sharing some tips on organizing that pesky task of packing for a trip. I hate packing more than the dentist.
Take it away, Ari.
Hi all! Arianna here of Arianna Belle Organized Interiors filing in for my amiga Irene today while she’s away in beautiful Peru and Costa Rica. When I travel there are a few things I like to keep in mind that makes packing a bit more efficient. Hope any of you that may also soon be jetting off somewhere find them useful!
- Make a list of outfits you’ll wear each day. Doing so will help prevent over-packing.
- Choose versatile pieces that you can mix and match.
- Save space by tightly rolling as much of your clothing as possible. Line the botton of the suitcase with your heaviest items first, then put lighter items on top of that.
- Fill nooks and crannies with smaller items -socks, belts, etc.
- Since shoes can take up a lot of space, try to wear on the plane your bulkiest pair.
- Always put toiletries in a plastic bag. Believe me, you definitely don’t want to open your suitcase and find that the shampoo (or lotion, or body wash) exploded all over your clothes.
- Leave some space for anything you might want to bring back!
Thank you so much for filling in for me, Ari.
Make sure to visit her blog if you need to put your organizational skills in check.